Sunday, August 11, 2013

Finding Motivation

One week to go and I am really having trouble pressing on with more practice exams.  I boosted up my EL to 6.75 from about 5.7 with one good exam the other day, which is encouraging because of the gains being made but also deflates me when I run into questions that stump me with much higher frequency.  I just went to start a test, couldn't get an answer for 3 of the first 4 questions, said fuck it and scored the exam up so I could look at solutions.  I know if I took the real thing today you could predict my passing with a coin flip, so I need to get through these level 6 to 8ish questions now filling my practice tests.

For now though, I think I am about to goto the bar for a drink and food  Maybe take a nap and then do a test tonight before bed.   I wish I could hit reset on my exhaustion with these practice exams somehow.

Days til test: 6.5
Earned Level: 6.75
Tests completed: about 20

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I enjoy your blog and find it helpful, as someone trying to find an entry-level job soon (I've passed P and I'm taking FM in a few days) and wondering what that job might be like.

    For what it's worth, when I took P, I had no idea what to do on about 7 of the first 10 questions. I looked at each one for about 30 seconds and skipped it. I ended up with a 9, since a lot of the later questions were easy, and when I came back to some of the earlier ones at the end of the exam, something clicked and I figured out several of them. So..sometimes, you can skip quite a few questions and still end up passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you find some value here. While I'm mostly posting about the things I experience in my workday, if you ever have any questions about job hunting and interviewing then drop a line.

    I am pretty strict with myself on the practice tests - I don't guess answers, I don't plug in possible trial answers from the available choices to try and see which fits. I also scored a 9 on P, and I felt like I knew what I was doing on all the problems. So I probably have a higher propensity for stupid mistakes than yourself. But I know I need to go into tests with confidence in order to do well over the 3 hour experience.

    I'm hearing there have been a lot of questions about immunization and duration this sitting, FWIW.

    ReplyDelete